Rebrand / Name Change
When did we change our name?
Our name change from Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative Ltd (MDSI) to Focus Connect became effective on 1 November 2019.
Why did we change our name?
Prior to changing our name we undertook extensive consultation with our clients, families, community and external partners to understand what they thought of our brand, our story and what we represented to them.
The results were compelling. Our clients are happy and appreciative of the work we do, and our staff are happy in their roles, however many were confused by our name, what we stood for and our unique standing in the community sector.
That is why we have been working hard to redevelop our brand, look and feel, to ensure it’s reflective of the changing needs of our community, and ensure our values are at the forefront of everything we do.
We needed a name to show people that our focus is ‘giving people the support they need, when they need it’. The name also needed to reflect the journey we’ve been on for many years providing services outside of the Macarthur area.
Focus Connect will work under three departments:
- Focus Aged Care
- Focus Community
- Focus Disability
You will start to see our new name rolled out across many platforms including our documentation, flyers, staff uniforms, signs and our transport fleet.
Does the change impact you/your clients?
- Whilst we have a new name we are the same people, providing the same services with the same commitment to our clients, carers and community.
- Our locations and contact numbers remain unchanged.
- Our ABN remains the same: 35 139 742 322
Will your contact details change?
- All of our email address have been updated. The new format organisation wide for staff is email@example.com
- Our general contact email is now firstname.lastname@example.org
- All previous email addresses will still work allowing you time to update your contact details.