CALD Family Settlement
MDSI's CALD Family Settlement program addresses the needs of families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds towards improved safety, health, education and social life with:
- Information and support.
- Advocacy and referral.
- Goal oriented casework.
- Information on local resources and facilities.
- Information regarding rights, entitlements, responsibilities and complaint procedures.
- Assistance with enrolling in school and english language courses.
- Assistance with recognition of overseas qualifications.
- Assistance obtaining legal advice and assistance.
- Social and educational groups.
This service is for permanent residents from a migrant, refugee background that have less than 5 years living in Australia.
Funded by the Department of Social Services under the Families and Communities Program (Settlement Services).